Community Economic Development and Diversification:
The COVID-19 global pandemic has caused a significant decline in tourism activity for many tourism dependent communities in southern Ontario. To support an efficient and effective recovery in the tourism sector from the negative impacts caused by the COVID-19 global pandemic, upper-levels of government (to be announced later), in collaboration with The County of Prince Edward, and The Prince Edward County Chamber of Commerce, have established a $450,000 Adaptation Fund that will provide non-repayable contributions of up to $20,000 to tourism-oriented businesses and organizations (Ultimate Recipients), to support one time adaptation and reopening costs, retroactive to June 1st, 2020 and completed by December 31st, 2020. The Ultimate Recipient must contribute a minimum of 20% of total project costs.
Who is Eligible?
Any business in Prince Edward County that supports the tourism industry, including but not limited to: retail, accommodators, hospitality, industry support.
Eligible costs will include:
- Implementation of health and safety protocols;
- Alterations to accommodate social distancing (e.g. expansion of
patio space for restaurants and or acquisition of outdoor heaters);
- Purchase of PPE and cleaning supplies for workers; and,
- Implementation of digital tools and transformations for tourism operators (e.g., virtual queue and time entry ticketing).
Requests and claims may be backdated to June 1, 2020. New projects must be implemented by December 31, 2020. Applicants must provide receipts for completed work and quotes for planned projects.
By way of example only, ineligible costs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- costs of land, building or vehicle purchase;
- costs of intangible assets such as goodwill, whether capitalized or expensed;
- depreciation or amortization expenses;
- interest on invested capital, bonds, debentures, or mortgages;
- bond discount;
- losses on investments, bad debts and any other debts;
- fines or penalties;
- costs related to litigation;
- non-incremental wages;
- Board of Directors;
- opportunity costs;
- hospitality and entertainment costs;
- costs of individual membership in a professional body
(e.g. professional designations); and
- lobbyist fees.
Deadline for Applications: October 31, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Applicants must provide receipts for completed work and quotes for planned projects. Applicants may also elect to submit supporting photos.
Applications can be submitted electronically below, using the submit button; applications can also be printed, scanned, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (you will receive an email confirming receipt); or drop off by hand to Unit 2B, 206 Main St., Picton, ON (The Armoury Building).