Help Combat the Spread
The Prince Edward County Chamber of Commerce is here to support your business during these challenging times.
These complimentary screening kits equip small and medium sized businesses with an additional tool to help keep workplaces in Ontario safe.
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to one third of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic, causing little or no noticeable signs, however, over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier.
This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to more normalized community life.
- Antigen Point-of-Care Testing (POCT) is used for screening purposes only and should NOT be used for diagnosis of COVID-19 infection in symptomatic individuals or individuals with known close contact with a positive COVID-19 case. Testing does not prevent someone from getting COVID-19.
- Antigen POCT can be thought of as an additional screening tool.
- Antigen POCT does not replace public health measures such as symptom screening, physical distancing, masking and hand hygiene.
- Antigen POCT does not replace requirements to protect the health and safety of workers.
- Any positive results from antigen POCT must be confirmed with laboratory-based polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing